Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 3 | Lettering

Prompt: Try out different fonts.



 

Stephanie | Annetta came over to my house again for a dinner and sketching date this week. I wish we could continue this through the whole year. We picked the same font to try out. It was difficult, especially since handwritten is not something I do well in. It took a while to sketch out all the letters, but in the end they look really great, with the colors I picked it really reminds me of the circus. My extra creatives this week are a water color of a water tower in the tiny town of Roy. My girls and I stopped in just as the sun was setting. I sat at the picnic table and sketched while the girls explored the trees and threw rocks and branches into the large puddles. I also was playing around and painted some mushrooms, cleaned my work space, and finalized my cross stitch project I've been working on for weeks for Annetta's birthday gift.

Annetta | This week Stephanie and I got to hang out again, have dinner and sketch together. I realized that sketching with her is once of my favorite times. It fun to sketch with the friend. We picked the same alphabet to recreate and I'm happy we did because we get to see the difference in how we create, draw and think. Hers is precise and neat, mine is sloppy and messy. She carefully sketched her letters and I just went at a quick speed, but both are unique and beautiful. I also did many sketched throughout the week. I also now have three sketchbooks which I work from, but my favorite is the once Stephanie made me. My extra creative activity this week was putting together a moodboard for  the interior of our airstream. We still have months before I even get to put this moodboard to action, but it will help in figuring out which flooring to order, what kind of cabinets I want and whether to tile a backsplash in the kitchen or not. Moodboards are fun to put together!






5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through "Artful Blogging" magazine and am hooked! Beautiful blog! Hand lettering is something I've always told myself I'm not good at, so I've never really done a lot of it, but with this post you've given me the "want" to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawing and paintings are beautiful!
    I nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog. Click the link to check it out. http://photographymakeupfashion.blogg.no/1417625047_the_liebster_award.html
    I'm sorry if this comes across as advertising, I'm not trying to.
    Anja.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Loving the lettering and the leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! the illustrations are beautiful - the grass/herb one is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love your art journal in watercolor! :)
    I can't wait to read upcoming posts.
    Hope to see you soon on my blog

    xx
    http://liveitcolorfully.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

09 10