Sunday, January 4, 2015

Week 1 | What You See

Prompt: Sketch what you see. It can be anything that catches your eye today.





Annetta | I bought some tulips this past week, well I had my husband get them for me, and they caught my eye as the perfect subject for my first sketch. We have yet to get our official sketchbooks (Stephanie is hand making them). I really love how my loose sketch turned out! It was stressful as I was racing against a dark day. One thing I know I am going to love is that our sketches will not be perfect as that's not what this is about. Its about capturing a moment the way that we see it and putting lines and colors to it. My 'other' creative activity that I worked on this week was a last Christmas present for my mother-in-law (I hope she doesn't see this post). It's out last name that I am cross stitching and then will embroider. I'm hoping that she will like it and will hang it on her walls in Slovakia. I am almost done with it and have only three more letters to go before I embroider it.

Stephanie |  For New Years my family, along with my brother and Gramma, stayed at a little cottage in Long Beach WA. It was a great (and much needed) little get-away for the holiday. It was very cold, but the sun was shining the whole time which made me so happy. On new years eve we walked to North Head lighthouse and I got to test out my new Polaroid camera (my other creative outlet this week). After coming back in for the night I was able to curl up on the couch and paint from my picture, this is exactly how I envisioned our trip. I loved being able to play with my new toy but it took some figuring out. I lost about 3 pictures just while playing with it, those things are hard to pull out of the camera! Its too bad that they only come 10 to a box, but luckily Annetta gifted a refill box, it came in handy and I learned how to replace the film. It was a great trip and a great way to close out 2014 and start this new 2015 project.




6 comments:

  1. Yay! I think I checked your blog every hour yesterday waiting for the first post :) I'm planning to follow along and do some participation. Happy New Year ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing that! I do hope you join in because that would be just awesome! If you do take a picture on Instagram and tag us for a feature #ayeartoinspire52.

      Delete
  2. Hello ladies. I stumbled across your blog late last year and enjoyed the journal entries. I'm so glad you decided to do another challenge so I can follow along from the start this time. Perhaps I'll even break out an old sketch book and join you from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristal, I do hope that you break out that sketchbook! We would LOVE for you to join in! SO happy to hear that you are back for another year of inspiration.

      Delete
  3. Hello! So happy to see your new post and that you will continue this journey. Looking forward to joining in and seeing your art this year. These are beautiful !! Happy New Year!
    I am taking a break from IG for a short time but will share once I'm back on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great! IG breaks are always good, but let us know when you come back so we can share some other sketchbooks!

      Delete

09 10