Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 62 | Impossible, Possible

Prompt: Tell me about a time when you made what had once seemed impossible, possible.


 *I rinsed my paintbrush in my tea!

Annetta | Being an artist : being & calling myself and artist has always been impossible to me. At that time I didn't know what being an artist really meant.

Stephanie | With my first child I was terrified to give birth. Even though women have been doing it for generations, and that's what our bodies are designed for, I wasn't sure I would be able to do it, there were so many unknowns about it. I was so scared. My labor resulted in an emergency c-section. My fears lingered into my second pregnancy. After dealing with the surgery, I had hoped to have a traditional birth. May labor came on fast and progressed very quickly. There wasn't even time for my much desired epidural. I remember looking at my husband with a look of  'how the heck am I going to do this?' and 'I really want the epidural!' but there seriously was no time and I really couldn't focus on anything, not even breathing! I went from 4 cm dilated to by baby being born in 30 minutes, the midwife barely walked in the room. My body took over and pushed on its own. I had a completely natural childbirth, something I never thought I would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10